Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Retirement

The other day Danielle asked me to make a card for a lady at her work who was retiring.  She had been there for 18 years!  WoW ~ I could not imagine that!

So here is the card that I came up with.  I'm sorry for the photos - it was getting late by the time I finished and of course my camera had a mind of it's own that evening. 
The base card is Barely Banana that I layered with some Soft Sky and DP by Prisma.  I stamped the images from Roses in Winter and I do not remember all the colors I used.  Barely Banana, So Saffron, Pink Passion, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue and Mint Melody.  Those I do remember.  And I know that when I use this set I sometimes stamp the image off on scratch paper then on to the card to give it a little more subtle look.

The leaves are from SU!  It is the Little Leaves Sizzlets Die.  I use that one a lot.  I punched out the flowers with some Sizzlits dies in various sizes and "distressed" them.  Basically I sponged some ink around them and on the back - since the paper was only one sided - and I crumpled them up.  After I crumpled them (that's my technical term.  he he he....) I opened them up, but not all the way, and stacked them on top of each other.  I stacked them kind of askew and then punched a hole in the middle just with my paper piercer and attached them all with a crystal brad.  That was it, all done.  I adhered them to the card with with the big fat glue dots that SU! used to have - I'm going to miss those.
Sorry for this picture, it's fuzzy - but you get the idea.  It is a little time consuming to make these flowers but they just turn out so pretty. 

So what are you up to today?  I hope that you have a super, great crafty day!

2 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Love the card, Joani!! Did flowers like that in an AMuse Art Stamps class this summer with Julie Ebersole. Never thought about doing that before. I love the way they look done that way.

Drew Harrison said...

Yep, that's quite a beautiful, crafty gift to give to a retiree. How long did it take for you to create this card? The color combinations are great, and the flowers - you've gotta love them. Handmade gifts are the best, for retirees and for everyone else.