Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Test Tube Friday!

Yippie ~ it's Friday!!  That means that tomorrow is sleep in day and breakfast day!  Hubby makes breakfast on the weekends and it's always so darn yummy! 

Since his heart scare in May he's limited to 2 eggs a week and I will tell you that he looks forward to those 2 eggs.  So on the weekends he makes breakfast for us, and it is wonderful.  Last week I looked at his plate and noticed 3 eggs in it ~ he gave me this story that the egg he cracked was a double yoke.  I did not think fast enough to ask if it was the 1st or the 2nd egg that he cracked, I'm sure that I could of caught him off guard.  But I let it slip.  You really do not learn to appreciate life until there is a scare and then it all clicks.  It falls into place and you realize that life is precious and you have to take care of yourself - for you and for your loved ones.

Ok - enough of that.  We are here to get crafty, right?

I have a little known secret tip for you.  (Rita, don't kill me....)  A dear friend of mine sent me some "test tubes" the other day - but they are not the ordinary test tubes.  They are the water vials that are at the end of flowers when you buy them.  It kinda looks like this...
Now this is just a picture that I got off line because I did not take a picture of them, but it is similar to it.  Yes, there is a small hole in the top of the cap - but that is nothing that a 1/2" punched circle will not take care of.

There are so many little things that you can do with these.  I like them because they are not so big that it will not take that much to fill them.  Especially if you put things in them say for cupcakes Ü

Or you can do something like this that I found on Stampington.com
How cute would that be to make a personalized box for someone?

Now I did not get the place where she purchased them from - she's keeping her source close to ♥ but when I did a search online for an image of flower water vials quite a few came up.

The pictures of the test tube holders that I made are not to fit those, but I wanted to show it to you anyway.
I made these a while back.  This one is for a boy.  I can not find my info on who the paper is from, sorry.
As you can see it holds 6 of the long test tubes.

This one I made for a girl ~ isn't that so cheery?  I wish I could tell you where I got that paper from, I'm sorry.
I will be playing with my smaller test tubes in the next week or so, so I'll post those for you to see.  In the mean time do a google search and you'll find the smaller vials.  I'm sure that if you are anything like me you will be able to find some creative way to do something with them.

Have a super great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joani, it's not a secret, lol. Check out your local florist supplier and ask for water tubes. I can't wait to see what you do wth these.
Hugs~
Rita

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your holders are so cute - great project! I love all of your creations from the past week - so lovely! The little tote purses are wonderful!

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

so pretty dear, love the test tubes and do u have the measures for the box?? thanks

Stephenie said...

Joani this is sooooo cute!!!!