Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Under the weather...

No, not me.  The stamp set silly!  I needed to make some get well cards and the first set that came to mind was Under the Weather.  I think it's a cute little set that would make me smile if I was feeling sick.

I can not take full credit for this card.  Well, this card-yes I made it.  But I saw a card in the SCS gallery by Wendybell and I loved it so I had to some-what case it. 

The base card is Really Rust that I stamped the image from Fresh Fillers with Really Rust ink and then the Ah-Choo from Under the Weather in Ruby Red ink.  I set the card aside and took a piece of Really Rust cs and stamped the bowl of soup image with Really Rust ink along it.  I had to make a mask to do so, then adhered it to a piece of Basic Black cs.  Then I stamped the image again with black ink onto white cs, colored it, cut it out and pop dotted it to the black and rust piece.  I took part of the sentiment and stamped it with Real Red ink on to white cs and placed it just under the black and rust piece and added it to the card.  I added Basic Black and white cs to the inside and the rest of the sentiment and I was complete.
This was a quick card I made using Splitcoast's sketch SC217.  I stamped the images from Under the Weather and colored them in.  I punched them out with my 1 1/4" square punch and adhered them to a piece of Pumpkin Pie that I punched out with my scallop square punch.  The base card is Riding Hood Red that I layered with a piece of Pumpkin Pie that I ran thru my cuttlebug with the circles folder.  I added a length of ribbon to the card before I layered a piece of Summer Picnic DP and then added the images to it.
This is a card that may look familiar, I've made one like it before.  I just moved things around and switched colors.  I stamped the images from Under the Weather, colored them with pencils & gamsol and cut them out then layered them on to a piece of Bazzill textured cs.  The chicken "feet" are stamped from The Best of Cluck in Chocolate Chip ink.  The base card is Garden Green that I layered with a piece of DP from Summer Picnic.  I stamped part of the sentiment and added a couple pieces of ribbon to that layer and then I adhered the stamped images to the card. 

Please stick around - I will be announcing something BIG later this afternoon and you won't want to miss it!