Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sweet Treats

I made a couple of simple birthday cards the other day for the sale.  I've been told not to make them like I normally do - with all the layers.  Try to keep them simple.  I do admit that I am layer queen...  It really is hard to make a card simple when your used to doing it a certain way.  I made one girly and one more masculine.
I used an image from Sweet Treats and colored it in with my watercolors and went over areas with my markers.  The base card is Pacific Point that I layered with Soft Sky and Night of Navy.  I stamped the sentiment from The Angel Company's Purchase with Purchase stamps on white cs in Brilliant Blue ink, added a border of Soft Sky that I punched out with my Martha punch and added a ribbon between the two layers before adding it to the card.  I also added a little stickles to the candles. Simple?  I dunno, but it is for me...
This is the girly version.  I stamped the image from Sweet Treats and colored it in with my watercolors.  I added a little to it with markers here and there on the image.  The base card is Pixie Pink that I layered with Soft Sky.  I stamped the sentiment from The Angel Company's purchase with purchase stamps with Pink Passion ink on white cs.  I punched a border with my Martha Stewart punch out of Soft Sky and added it to the sentiment panel with a length of ribbon and then adhered it to my card and I was complete.

Stay tuned, there's still more to come...

No comments: