Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just some of My Favorite Things

Good morning everyone! I thought that I'd share a little bit of what I've been up to!

My friend Betty came over the other day and we actually got some stamping done. Each time she comes over we really don't get much done but sit and gab ~ well this time we got to stampin!!

I needed to make a card for an upcoming swap that I'm in and the theme is Coffee. For some reason I just love to make coffee cards! I knew what set to use (SU's Espress Yourself) until Betty brought this adorable set from My Favorite Things called 'hot stuff'. And the cool part, Betty did not like it! So I am the lucky recipient of this set!!! I have ordered her a TAC set to "replace" it.

The base card is Close to Cocoa. I stamped the saying 'thanks a latte' all over it in Close to Cocoa ink. I then layered on a piece of Pixie Pink that I stamped the coffee beans on with Close to Cocoa ink also. I stamped the image and colored it in, outlined it with my Close to Cocoa pen, layered it on to a piece of Pink Passion cs and then adhered it to the card. The card was still a little plain so I added some doodles around the outer edge of the Pixie Pink layer with my pink gel pen and made a photo corner and I was done. We also had to make an ATC to go with it so I basically made the same thing just on a smaller scale.

The jury's out on this card though. I might use it, I might not. It's still a little plain for me. I like to add more to a card ~ but we'll see. I still made another card "just in case" I don't want to send that one.



Here's the other card and (somewhat) matching ATC. They are different colors because I wanted to experiment a little. I like the orange, and I knew what pink looked like so I wanted to try blue too. I did not want to make another card ~ I'd have a huge stash of coffee cards laying around!


The base card is Kraft cs. I stamped the coffee mugs all over the card in Close to Cocoa. I stamped the main image and colored it in with my Only Orange marker and layered it on to a piece of Pumpkin Pie. I stamped the sentiment with Only Orange and layered that to a piece of Chocolate Chip cs and glued that to the lower right hand corner. I stamped a coffee mug from the set, colored and cut it out and used a pop dot to adhere it to the upper right corner of the sentiment panel.

For the ATC I used Brilliant Blue ink and Tempting Turquoise. I also stamped the sentiment "thanks a latte" and used my word window punch to punch it out and adhered it to the ATC.

I hope that they are well received cards. One of my favorite swaps is the coffee swap ~ and I really don't drink coffee too much.... Go figure!


Just one more item of "business". April is also Double rewards month at theangelcompany™. What this means to you the customer is, well, DOUBLE REWARDS. If you hold a FUNShop (or place an order of $100.00 or more) you are eligible to receive double rewards. You will get not only one, but TWO gift with purchase stamps for each $30.00 spent, 2 Level A hostess sets instead of 1 and not only 1 but 2 half off items out of the catty! Now THAT's a great deal right there. Have you been wanting to get the Scor-pal or the Bind-it-all? Now's your chance! You can get those items with your 1/2 off discount. Now where else can you get a Scor-pal for only $20.00??


Also this flyer has these special Limited Edition sets that are available April 7 - May 5! They are a mini version of the regular sets. Each one is $2.95 each with a qualifying order of $30. You can buy 1 or all 4 (but no more than 1 of each)! All sets have a retail value of $5.95 so this is a great deal! Hostesses of FUNshops get 1 FREE with every $100 in net totals. Now what are you waiting for?


If your in need a of a catalogue or have any questions please feel free to e-mail me anytime!

Well, enough of the business, I've got to get DD up and ready for a doctor appointment! Ugh, so early on spring break too!!!

Have a great day!! Hugs to you all!

4 comments:

Nicola said...

I love making coffee cards too but I am a tea drinker.lol. MFT have such cool stamps. Speaking of stamps I am looking at your TAC offers and am very tempted.

Hugs
Nic

Jackie said...

I love coffee but don't make coffee theme cards, go figure! I love your cards, they are wonderful!

Linsey R said...

oh, great coffee MFT cards, Joani! Very cute! I love coffee stuff too, but I actually do drink it everyday...to quote me "I haven't had my coffee yet, don't make me kill you"! Great stuff today, glad you got some stampin' done in between your gabbing, lol! I gave you an award over at my blog tonight. If you want to pick it up and pay it forward, please do! hugs~ Linsey ps, I'll be ordering very soon--I just adore so many things in the Angel Co. catalog! Wow, wonderful stamps! bfn!

Michelle Short said...

Great cards, I especially like the chocolate and pink combo - really effective :0)