Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Good Morning

I hope your morning is better than ours! It's been rainy so far this morning. It's just kind of icky, dreary outside. But I was up bright and early before 5:30 finishing a project I was working on. I just decided to take a little break and jump on the computer. I really don't know why I've got all this energy this morning, but I'll take advantage of it.

Wanna see some cards? Well, here we go!!
This little guy is from Darcie's. Like I mentioned before, when we used to go to stamp shows when we lived in California we bought a lot of Darcie's products. When we used to go I gave my daughter money to spend on things she liked, and she liked Darcie's. She would go to their bin where they had tons of UM rubber to look thru. She'd stand there forever and look thru it and pick out what she liked ~ so actually a lot of the Darcie's is her's. But of course Mom get's to use it Ü

The base card is Riding Hood Red that I layered with a piece of Kiwi Kiss that I ran thru the cuttlebug. Before adding the ribbon to the card I sponged it with some Ruby Red ink. I stamped the image and colored it with watercolors, sponged some Ruby Red ink around that layer and mounted that to a piece of Riding Hood Red as well. With some scraps I made the photo corner with my SU! scallop square punch and my 1" square punch, then added some glitter to the snow for some sparkle and I was done. I thought that it made a cute card.

When I made this card I thought it was a little simple. Maybe because there was not that much to color, but the more I look at it the more I like it. I stamped it one night and colored it in, then I thought I'd add stickles to the stars and the falling snow. I let it sit for a couple of days then came back to it still thinking it was a little plain. I did not want to waste the images so I grabbed them to put on a card.

The image is from A County Welcome. The base card is Baja Breeze that I layered with Riding Hood Red and a white piece of cs that I ran thru the cuttlebug with the snowflake folder. I added the image panel to a piece of Blue Bayou after sponging some Not Quite Navy ink lightly around the edges and I was done. It was a quick card, but I think that it turned out kind of nice.

I think that is enough for today. I will be back tomorrow with more to show you.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Joani

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joani,
Love the cards the are both so adorable!! going to have to visit Darcis, so darn cute!! thanks for sharing. Blessings and hugs Renee

Carmen O. said...

You sure have the cutest stamps! Both of these cards are fabulous!

kssdesigns said...

Your cards are great! I love that you still use Darcies stamps! I have loads I always forget about using! Thanks for the inspiration.