Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve's Eve!

It's getting closer..... I must say that even though my Christmas spirit has not been too high this year I'm getting a little excited. I just love to see every one's expressions when they open presents. I am don't with my shopping, thank goodness. I don't think that I'd want to venture out to do anymore. The stores are not too packed ~ but the parking lots are awful. Yesterday I needed to go to Walmart to pick up some last minute items for Christmas dinner and the parking lot was a nightmare. Inside the store was not too bad, the isles were not crowded - except in grocery. But I made it out without a scratch Ü

I want to show you a couple of the last cards that I made for the holiday. This card I made for my cousin that I've been out of contact with for some time.

Once again, one of my favorite sets from SU! was Frosty. I really don't think that I've used him this year. Maybe, but I don't remember. And I love to go with non traditional colors, and my favorite color is purple!! I used some DP that my dear friend Betty left for me (thanks Betty ~ your the best-est!!) for the background. The base card is Lavender Lace. Ive got some Eggplant Envy layered on there with the DP. Since I don't have the Top Note die yet I used one that MaryBeth sent me (Thanks again MaryBeth!!) and just traced it. I inked the edges with Lovely Lilac ink. I stamped Frosty and colored him with my watercolors, inked the edges and added some glitter for the snow. I layered that on to a piece of Eggplant Envy also and placed it on the card. In the bottom right corner I placed a felt flower, some primas and a foam snowflake ~ all secured with crystal brads. I've been using my hot glue gun to place my flowers on cards. I just want to make sure that everything stays secure. There is nothing worse than receiving a card and it's fallen apart.

Here's the inside. I took a white sheet of cs and inked the edges with Lovely Lilac. I stamped the sentiment with Lovely Lilac and adhered it to a piece of Eggplant Envy and placed it on the card. I had a strip of the DP left and I placed it at the bottom for more decoration. I sure hope that it is well received.This card I made for Betty. I wanted to give her a special card because she's a special friend. And she's seen all the other cards that I've made. That's one thing about blog-hopping. If your friends with the person you see all the creations that they've made.

This set is called Heavenly Peace. The base card is Ballet Blue. I layered it with some Walmart paper and some silver cs that was run thru the cuttlebug. I stamped the image and sentiment with versamark and heat embossed it with Judikins silver EP. I inked the edges of the sentiment panel and layered them with Bashful Blue and Baja Breeze paper. I then added some primas with a crystal brad and that finished the outside of the card.
For some time now I've been on a kick to decorate the inside of my cards too! Why do you have to stop at just the outside. For Betty's card I added a piece of white cs and a strip of the DP inside. I added a piece of pretty white ribbon and some primas with crystal brads too. The only reason why I added the crystal brads inside was because I was not mailing it. If I was mailing it I don't think I'd use those, they are kind of bulky and they'd probably make a mark on the inside of the card.

I hope that you liked what I had for you today. I'm off to create a few things. Since I'm officially done with Christmas cards I'm working on Valentines. I'm not sure that I will be here for the next couple of days ~ but who knows!

If I don't make it here I wish you and your family's all a safe and happy holiday!


Hugs,
Joani

2 comments:

Gabby said...

We are in the same boat Joani! I too wasn't really feeling it...but all the sudden I got this burst of happiness! Just knowing that your babes are happy...makes you happy! Right? Well hun...here's a HUGE hug to you and yours. Happy Christmas!!!

Betty said...

I loved my card! Thanks for taking the extra effort, I am so happy for our friendship...

Betty