Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, December 29, 2008

A new sketch and a few cards....

Good morning everyone, make it thru the weekend ok? I sure hope so! I thought that a sketch was in order. I was kind of stuck the other day and thought that I needed a sketch, so here it goes.
I think that I may of posted this sketch a year ago, I'm not sure. I have a sketch book that I keep in the living room for when hubby's involved in some western or the sci-fi channel and I'm not too into the program. I've got lots and lots of sketches in it, I just never got into a routine of posting them. Well, I am now. Let's say it will be one of my New Years resolutions. One that I intend to keep Ü

So, my take on the sketch. Here it is.

I kinda killed two birds with one stone on this. I needed some thank you cards to send out and like I said I was stumped, so I used my sketch book. I guess that's kinda what it's for, isn't it?

I was flipping thru all my SU! sets to stamp some images for my SIL (I'll get into that story later) and I noticed this set had not even seen ink yet! Of course I had to oblige!

The image is from Puns From the Past that I watercolored and punched out with my SU! square scallop punch and inked some Real Red ink around the edge. I layered that on to a piece of TAC's Amberly Grace DP and a piece of Real Red. The base card is Real Red that I layered with a piece Amberly Grace DP and a piece of Not Quite Navy that was run thru the cuttlebug. The layer behind the image panel is also Real Red, Amberly Grace DP and a piece of Bashful Blue that I used the SU! scallop border punch on ~ I also added a thin piece of ribbon to hide the seam. The sentiment panel, also the same. I stamped the sentiment from Everyday Expressions, colored the heart with watercolor, sponged Real Red around the edge and layered it with the Amberly Grace and Real Red papers.

This card, well is the same - just different. The base card is Lavender Lace that I layered with a piece of purple cs that I bought at Big Lots (real deal!! $2.00 for a pack of 50 different colors & textures!!!) and a piece of ribbon at the bottom to break up some of the color. The strip under the sentiment panel is a piece of TAC's Angelee DP on a piece of Lavender Lace cs. I stamped the sentiment in black,punched out with my square scallop punch and the edges are inked with Lavender Lace ink. I layered that on to a piece of Angelee DP, Lavender Lace and the purple cs. It went on to the card with pop dots. For the "K" in the corner - I stamped that in Lavender Lace ink, punched it out with my scallop square punch and inked the edges with Lavender Lace ink as well. I used my Marvy scallop circle punches to punch a piece of purple and Lavender Lace cs, added dots to the edges and used pop dots to adhere it to the card.

I think that both of the cards turned out well, don't you?

Oh, about my SIL.... Well, I think that I might of mentioned it before - but after me being here over 3 years now and all the stamping that she's seen me do she's finally started to take an interest in it. I've set her up with a few of the basics. Pens, pencils, scissors, X-acto, cutting mat ~ you know, the basics. For Christmas we bought her a bunch of paper packs and embellishments. But I cant see buying any stamps for her right now when I've got so many. She is still somewhat house bound with dog health issues, so I'm taking stuff over to her. When I do I bring a stack of stamped images that she can work with. Right now I go thru all my stamps and stamp out what I see she will like, or can use. But I've set up a little box for her. When I stamps something out I am going to stamp it twice, that way I'll have something already when I go out there. It all will work out.

Well, enough is enough for today. I should be back tomorrow with something else I've done.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Joani

5 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Your cards are beautiful! Kudos to you for getting your SIL involved in this fun craft! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Dianette Seda said...

Great cards! I am looking forward to all the sketches!

Betty said...

Wonderful cards as usual! I might even try your sketch...

Anonymous said...

Love the cards and cant wait for the sketchs how fun. thanks for sharing.Blessings Renee

Lynn Put said...

Great cards with a cool sketch!