Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ready for the peek?

Yesterday I showed you a little peek at what I've made. Ready to see it?

Ok, first let's show you a card - maybe two....

Yesterday I made my last St. Patrick's day card for this year. I love to make cards for all holidays! I used to actually make them for groundhog day also - but I got rid of that stamp. But for some reason I'm not into St. Patrick's day this year. Hmmm, I don't know why? I'm married to an Irishman. I guess I'm just not feeling it. And I think that it shows in my cards.

Yes, this is my LAST card for St. Patrick's day. Promise. Most of the paper was pulled out of my scrap drawer. I have two 12" x 12" drawers that are dedicated to just scraps. Some of them have the company name on them and some don't. Of course, these don't.
My base card is Glorious Green. I layered it with a piece of this dark green shimmer paper and the polka dot paper. Then I added another layer of dark green shimmer paper with a layer of shamrock paper. I added a length of ribbon and the little leprechaun from Whipper Snapper that I colored with my watercolors. I did add some white dots around the image with my gel pen. And if you look in the bottom right corner you will see 3 baubles. I just got those, they are from The Robins Nest and I love them!

For the inside I stamped the image, also from Whipper Snapper, and just went over the lettering with my markers. I added a piece of Basic Black under the white and added a strip of the shamrock paper to the top of the white panel.

Remember me showing you the new set's I got from The Angel Company? Well, here's a card that I made with one of them.
This is made from the Everything is Blooming T3050 set. I just love that little girl, she's adorable!
The base card is So Saffron. I layered it with a piece of Kiwi Kiss and Summer Sun. The DP is also from TAC it's from the Brighten my Day collection. I just cut 3 small strips to layer on the card and added some ribbon before securing it down. I stamped the image and colored her in with my watercolors. I sponged some Pink Passion ink around the layer and adhered it to a piece of Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink cs. I added a Bitty Blossom and brad to the lower left hand corner and I was complete.
Ok, yesterday I showed you a sneek of what I made, well here it is.


You can say that I was a late bloomer when it came to getting a cuttlebug. Being a one income family I try to choose things that I need carefully. But thanks to Mrs. Betty I could not live without this, so at Christmas Mom bought one for us. It was our crafting Christmas present. And yes, I've since HAD to purchase some nestabilities! Ok, 6 of them. But it was a MUST, really. It's actually a sickness. I can't help myself sometimes.....

So the other day I thought I'd make a book of the nesties that I have now. And since HSN was kind enough to send me an email telling me that March was National Craft month I thought that I would do my part to boost the economy Ü

I made my covers from some thin chipboard with my Bind it All. I covered them with paper from TAC's Catelynne collection (which is my FAVORITE!), some ribbon, buttons, and a chipboard piece from American Crafts. If you look close you can see that I sprayed the cover with some shimmer mist for a little glow. I also used my Labels 2 nestie to cut some paper for the cover.

Now on the inside I've got all the negatives labeled with each family. This way I can see which size will fit with which stamp. I have also started to write down which one fits with which for now, at least til I get more sets. Um, I mean, uh, well you know what I mean..... (Just in case hubby's reading Ü)

Well, did you like today's post? I hope to have something special for tomorrow. Tired of having your stickles not flow just right? I have a great idea of storing them ~ I just need to acquire the help of my hubby and I'll show you.

Have a great day!
Hugs,

Joani

1 comment:

Bridgett Owens said...

Great projects! I love them all. So bright and cheery. The Nesties book is a fabulous idea!