Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good morning everyone!

I hope today finds you all well. I'm not too sure how my day is going to be. If it is anything like it started off, I better crawl back into bed.

I woke up this morning and the day started like any other. But this morning I was really tired for some reason. I was standing next to the bed waiting for hubby to get dressed and I was standing there, sleeping. Hubby said "are you playing horse?" I thought "huh??" He said you are standing up sleeping.... Ok, that was a start.

I went downstairs and made his lunch, then turned on the news and sat down in the chair. I fell asleep and he woke me when he left for work. I sat right back down and fell asleep again til 9:15. I got up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast and dropped the egg on the floor. I thought that I better sit down before I catch something on fire or worse. I'm all out of sorts today. I'm not even sure I should be playing with glue and an Xacto today!

You wanna see what we did yesterday?? We had so much fun!!

Betty came over and brought a new friend. Her name is Dianna and she's a paper crafter too! And the SCS get together we went to a few weeks ago, we had met another lady who lives here in town, Anne. She came over too! It was fun! We actually got more done than we normally do. I think that it was Anne who kept us in line. She is such a darn good teacher. We just love her already!
We made 5 cards, I forgot to add mine to the picture - and 2 wallets. I forgot to add mine to the picture too! But it was so much fun. We had lunch (and cookies!) and just crafted the day away. I just love spending time with friends, new and old, and creating and sharing and laughing. How very blessed are we all?!
This card I made for the ladies when they came over. Just something for them, that's all. I just love the SU! set Time Well Spent. And what better set could I of used?

I stamped the images from Time Well Spent and colored them in with my watercolors. I then added some stickles then put them aside and created the card. The base card is Chocolate Chip. I layered it with Close to Cocoa and DP from TAC's Mulberry Meadow and Lily Anna collections. I added the large eyelet before adhering everything to the base card.

Then I took different size pop dots and added them to the backs of the images and layered them on to the card. Once that was done I spruced up the inside with a piece of white cs and a strip of paper from Mulberry Meadow. I added the sentiment and I was complete.

I will work on the instructions for the purse and I have to post the instructions for the mini magazine holders too. I've got those in the camera, I've just got to edit them.

I hope you all have a great day! I will be back tomorrow!
Hugs,

Joani

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Hun! I hope your day got better along the way!! What a start you had! Just taking a peek for those magazine holders-so cute!!! Thank you for mine! Also, In about 10 minutes I will have a card up on my blog that I made with my new TAC stamps!! Hope ya like it!!
Rhonda

Julie Temple said...

Oh Joani, I wish I were closer!! You all look like you had a WONDERFUL day!! Thanks for sharing your fun with us...Like I told Betty, I am totally jealous!

Rubber Hugs,
Julie

Carmen O. said...

Wow looks like you had an awesome crafting day! It's great when you can get a lot accomplished. I'm thinking about doing some cards again for my mom for mother's day. I made a box last year and filled it with cards,I think by now she'd need a refill. So if I spent a day being productive and getting as much as you all did it would be wonderful. Though with the days getting nicer out I want to be outside more. Oh well I'm sure I'll get something done for her. Oh boy I'm rambling here. Great cards everyone!

marsha said...

What fun! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day with friends. That is also a favorite set of mine and that is a beautiful card!

Hugs,
Marsha

Gabby said...

Hey Joni...hope you are feeling less sleepy now. I've been having the same problem and can't figure it out why. Yesterday we went to the grocery store to do some shopping and I fell asleep while walking down the bread isle!!! My hubby got worried because it's been happening a lot lately! REST UP CHICA...I think we both need a break!

Glad you had some fun crafting with the ladies...maybe if my butt wasn't so fat I could fly over to visit...only I'll probably have to buy 2 seats...lol. :P HUGS!