Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Tuesday

Good morning friends. I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. Ours was very busy. We went looking at puppies (no, we didn't get one) and then we went garden shopping.


We've got our vegetable plants and seeds put in. Hubby said yesterday that we have room for more but what we don't know.


We've started a tradition that each year we go to pick out our own tomato plants and we each plant our own. Then we have a "race" to see who get's the first picked tomato. I keep teasing that this year it will be me. Everyone else's plants are so much bigger than mine, but mine says that the first tomato should be within 40 days and theirs says 70. Of course they tease me because mine is so small compared to theirs, but I tell them that size does not matter. We'll see....


Right now I am working on a scrap book. I'm thinking that working on a scrap book of my dog's pictures might help me thru being sad. So that's what's up now with me. I'm not showing anyone until it's completed - but I do have some cards that I've not posted to show you. Ready?

This was a tutorial, Diagonal Double Pocket card, on SCS a while back. You can create different layers with only one sheet of cardstock. It is really very, very easy.

I used SU! Summer Picnic DP along with Baja Breeze, Old Olive and Summer Sun. I inked the edges around the card with Old Olive ink. I used my Marvy punches to create the focal point on the front and my SU! scallop circle punch to create the tab pulls for the inserts. I think that it turned out pretty "spring-y"...

I'm sorry for the short post today, hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with more. Please stick with me.

Have a great day!
Hugs,

Joani

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Your double diagonal turned out nice! I made one for my dad last year for father's day. I should give it a whirl again with lighter cs.

I've been planting flowers. I put some in this weekend. We don't have a rototiller so it looks like a minefield right now. Once I get it looking nice I'll take photos.

Have a great day Joani!

Nicola said...

I'm rooting for your tomatoes Joani.

Love the card. I have never made one of those. I really should try it one day soon.

Hugs
Nic

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Joani,

I just happened upon your blog through a friends, and I had a really fun time browzing through your blog!!! You have some amazing things on here!!!

I am adding your blog to my follow list!!!

Heather