Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Open Heart

I thought that I'd share with you the little book that I made with my BIA the other day. Actually the other night. I joined the BIA group over at Paper Craft Planet and they had a challenge to make something for Valentines day. Well, hell-o! What do you think of when you think Valentines, hearts right?


When I first sat down to make this little book I started with a template to cut the hearts by hand. Ok, that was crazy I thought!! So I looked at my Cricut carts and noticed that I had a heart on the George and Basic Shapes one. How perfect was that! That's just crazy cutting them all by hand!!

So after a few attempts at sizing, I cut out the inner hearts at 4 1/2" and the cover hearts at 5".


Hubby brought home this cardboard stuff. Ok, I don't know what to call it, but it is kinda like cardboard, kinda like chipboard, kinda like coasters. If that does not explain it Ü But seriously, I used that for the front and back covers. When I added the paper to the covers with Mod Podge em pretty sturdy. I covered them with paper from DCWV and the Cloud 9 DP. I added some ink around the edge and some rub-ons. I added some rick rack and buttons to the cover also. The "I ♥ You" was cut out with my George cart too - I added some stickles to the ♥ to give it a little sparkle. I tied some ribbons around the wires to add a little more pretty to it!




This is just one of the 15 pages that I added inside. I alternated Pixie Pink ink and Real Red ink around the outside edges of the inner pages. However on each right hand page I added a little rub on to jazz it up a bit. I thought that it turned out kinda cute, if I do say so myself!

Does it inspire you to make something? If it does leave me a comment and I'd love to take a peek!

Have a great rest of your day!
Hugs,
Joani

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Joani...that is super cute! I still don't know what to make the DH for V-Day! I guess I'm bummed out that he's gonna be working all day that day. :( I'll see if I can come up with something.

Carmen O. said...

Joani I really love your heart book! I wish I had a cricut. We're snowed in so I definitely will be creating today and baking too. Why is it that this weather makes us want to bake? :D Hope your weekend is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Aww Joani!! i love the book it is sooo cute!! i have the cricut, but lack the bind it all, definatly is on my wish list. thanks for sharing. Blessings Renee

Anonymous said...

You inspired me to make a heart shaped journal for my upcomming vacations in St. Valentines!

OMG! I think that now I want more than ever to get home to be able to write everything down. I want to plan this journal! I want it to be just perfect!