Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Good Monday Morning!

Hello Everyone!
Did you all have a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day? I sure hope so, I did. I could not ask for anything more enjoyable. The weather was perfect!

First we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel (my favorite restaurant!!). For those of you who don't know it's a down home country restaurant with a country store in the front. When we go there, after we eat I get to browse around the shop and look at everything. Although I was fine with not looking around yesterday. They were a little crowded because of the holiday.

Then we went to Lowe's and picked out my Daisies. Every year I grow daisies outside on the back porch. Can you believe that they were just about sold out. Then hubby got some more plants for his garden. We went to Walmart to look at their plants too, but they just don't take care of them - there was nothing there that tickled my fancy. But hubby bought some powder for the plants, something is eating my petunia leaves.
After that we stopped by Sonic to pick up a watermelon slushie (another favorite of mine) and we came home and playing in the dirt. While I was in the back yard I noticed a wine barrel that I have a rose bush in. Last year I planted some Moss Rose's in it around the edge of the barrel, so I had to run out and pick some of those up....

I came home and planted those. Helped hubby clean up a bit, he was weed eating and pulling weeds in his garden - so I came in the house. I sat with Mom in the living room and fell asleep! So I took a little afternoon nap. The windows were open so there was a breeze. Oh what a wonderful day it was!

Did you have enough of my rambles? Let's get to business.
I needed to make a special birthday card for a special someone the other day and this is what I came up with. You all know that I love cupcakes, I've told you enough, so that's what I made. I had picked up some cute paper when Anne took us to the scrapbook store (Memories a la Mode) in Frankfort a while back and I had to use it.
The base card is Pink Pirouette and I layered it with Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue and some DP from imaginisece All kinds of Happy. The stamp on the front is from TAC it's called Sweet Thing and I also used the candle and saying from TAC's Little Cupcake. The Happy Birthday inside is a stamp that I always seem to use - it's YEARS old - it's from D.O.T.S.
You like the border punch? That's what hubby got for me last time I went to Micheal's. It's a Martha Stewart border punch. I paper pieced the bottom of the cupcake and the top. On the top I pieced it but added that layer with pop dots. I also added some stickles to the card to give it a little "bling".
Do you like it??
I think that I've mentioned before that I look forward to Wednesday's on SCS to see what new tutorial they post. Well here is a sneek peek at what I did with their last Wednesday's post.
Sorry I was so long winded today, maybe yesterday refreshed me?? That's all I've got for you today, I hope you all have a nice day!

Hugs,
Joani