Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, May 29, 2009

I've been a little busy...

I've been just a tad bit busy. You all remember that our friend Joyce is here from California? Well there is a lot that she's missed over the past year ~ mainly all the fun creations that we do and she's not here to take part in. Well yesterday I decided to make her a couple of the things that we've made that she's missed out on. The card organizer and the card tracker.


She had been eyeballing Mom's card organizer and I asked her "pick a color". I sometimes do that, then I just go from there. She picked burgundy, so I looked thru my paper and this is what I came up with.




I pulled out some burgundy linen cardstock that I had and the Parisian Summer DP that I was keeping. I had some thin chipboard that hubby brought home from work and my Mod Podge (great link, take a look at it!!) ~ I love that stuff! I covered the chipboard and covered it with the DP and ribbon. I also took a piece of the burgundy paper and cut out a top note die and placed it on the top.

When we originally made these we followed the directions on SCS and they had pockets for each month. Well, we don't use the pockets because we have so many birthdays that they would not fit in all the pockets. We store our cards elsewhere. So I just used the burgundy paper and only made one page with pockets in the back of the book. I left it pretty blank so Joyce can decorate it how she wants. I did decorate the back pocket pages because I wanted to bind it and it was easier to stamp the pockets before binding it. She's a butterfly lover so I knew that I could not go wrong so I used my TAC set Butterfly Swirls.

Next I made a card tracker for her. The card organizer is to add birthdays to so you don't forget. The card tracker is more for tracking holidays. If you write down the holiday that you sent the card out then you know that you sent it. You can also track if someone has sent you a card too.

I basically did the same thing with these covers. I took the thin chipboard and covered it with Mod Podge and added the paper to it. I used paper from SU! Bella Rose collection - that's my favorite! I did decorate this one up a bit because like I said, it's my favorite paper and I just had to have fun with it! Once again I used the top note die and I added some ribbon, buttons and rub on's from American Crafts.

Yes, she loved them!!

I hope this is enough for today. I did get a late start today. I don't know why I'm so tired in the mornings - I can't get out of my own way. I really don't sleep well at night, I know that could be the problem. But I'm not spending too much time on the computer today, I need to craft! And I've got a bum sewing machine I've got to tackle, oh yes - laundry too!

Have a great day!
Hugs,

Joani

EDITED TO ADD: I printed the inside pages of the Card Tracker at Mini Scrapbooks. I have the link posted in my sidebar if you'd like to check it out.

No comments: