Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Is it Wednesday already?

I get really mixed up when there is a 3 day weekend. It seems to take a week for me to figure out what day it is! But that's fine, it's another day closer to the weekend. Although Danielle will be out of school in just a few days... Oh, I can hear it now "I'm bored". Hmmm, let's see. I say it will only take her 3 hours after schools done for the summer to say she's bored... I'm sure that lots of you can relate to that.


She did start something new to her the other day. Mom was in the craft room making her flowers and Danielle walked in and said she was bored. I told her to pick up some yarn and learn to crochet. It befizzled me when she did. I pretty much only know how to make a chain and one basic stitch, so we showed her that. She's doing pretty well for herself. She has lots of colors of yarn from when she used to make the yard coasters, so she's already 1/2 stocked. I'll have to post a picture when she's done, she's making a pot holder right now.
Enough of my ramblings, wanna see something? Here goes...

I think that I mentioned that I've got to stock up on birthday cards, Danielle's used a lot of them up. "Hey Mom, so and so's birthday is tomorrow. Can I get a card?" Well what am I going to say? No... I should have her sit with my and make some up, she used to. But that's not a cool thing to do when your a teenager. Maybe someday she'll want to spend time with her old Mother... Can you tell I'm starting to feel the "40" coming on? Just a few more months, ugh.

Anyway ~ on to the card. The base card is Ballet Blue. I stamped the swirls from my TAC set Simply Devine with versamark. I then stamped the images from TAC's Little Cupcake and colored them in with my pencils and gamsol. I also paper pieced the cupcake with TAC paper from the Mulberry Meadow and Lily Anna collections. Saving those little scraps comes in handy sometimes. I layered the image panel on to Barely Banana and Riding Hood Red. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner and layered that also. Once the card was put together I added some stickles for some sparkle and I was done.

The next card was kinda a quick card. I'm not only trying to stock up on birthday but all cards in general.

The base card is Barely Banana that I layered with More Mustard and Garden Green. I stamped the weave pattern from Wonderful Weaves with More Mustard ink. I then added a length of the large twill ribbon I "found" in a box of ribbon I had. I stamped the daisy from the DD Daisy set with More Mustard, Always Artichoke and So Saffron inks. I layered that on to a piece of More Mustard cs that I paper peirced and then on to a piece of Garden Green that I tore. I stamped 2 more of the daisies and cut them out to add to the card front. The sentiment is from Curvy Verses that was also stamped in More Mustard . I was thinking that it needed a little sparkle, but I'm not sure.

Well - I'm off to pay a few bills and I'll be back tomorrow with more!
Have a great day!!
Hugs,

Joani

No comments: