Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Have a spooky good day!

Halloween!!  Yippie, only 17 more days!!  Woo-Hoo!!  You know I love that day!
And it seems that the weather is playing tricks on us.  I can remember back in California on year it was warm, one year it was cold, once it rained.  I never knew how to dress Danielle up.  Well the same can be said here ~ although the weather changes so fast here.  They are actually calling for snow this Friday night/Saturday morning.  I'm sure that it wont stick if it does, but really?  Snow in October?  What the heck is going on?!?  Personally (on no, look out ~ I'm on the soap box) I think that we've all messed with our ozone layer so much that we are doing this to ourselves.  We really need to take care of this world because it might not be here for our family to come.

Ok - I'm off of the soap box now.  Whew, that was a quick one...

How about a card?  I must first say sorry for the picture - my last two pictures that I've taken have not turned out too well.  It could be the weird weather we are having (remember all the windows in my craft room?) or I just need a new camera.  Maybe a little of both...  This picture almost looks cartoon like, so sorry.

My base card is Tangerine Tango that I layered with some dark purple DP and some DP by Pressed Petals.  I stamped the image from SU! Haunting Halloween and colored it in with my pencils and gamsol.  I also used some glitter pens for a little sparkle.  I added some ribbon and a piece of DP from an old SU! Halloween pack (I don't remember the name) before I added the image to the card.  For a finishing touch I added a flower that Mom made with her orange and black thread, using a crystal brad in the middle.  The inside I stamped the sentiment and I was complete. 

Short and sweet.  I'm going to try another card this afternoon as long as the puppy let's me.  She's been into everything the past couple of days.  I knew it when I got her - but she's worth it.

Have a great day!  See you back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Cute card. I love the image and that paper is great.

Carmen O. said...

Cute card Joani! The image is adorable.