Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

Making My Memories
Class Schedule
107 Farmview Way
Georgetown, KY 40324
(920) 948-7988 Jan
(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Thanks for being patient with me

Thanks for being patient with me, I really appreciate it.  The past couple of weeks have me just beat!  I knew that getting a new puppy would be work ~ it's not that.  We had the craft fair weekend before last.  That was Saturday and Sunday.  Then you come home and if you are not lucky enough to have everything sold then you've got to put it away. 

My craft room was a disaster for a few days.  I really did not want to touch anything in there.  But I finally put it all away for safe keeping till November when we said that we'd do it all over again!  This time it is inside.

This was taken actually at the end of the fair.  We had to put up the sides on the tent because there was rain on Saturday ~ but Sunday brought the winds.  Then the fair organizer's brought hay around for those who needed it because of the mud.  Of course we had to buy it too!  This is 2 bales of hay.  It was very muddy.  I lost one tin because it dropped and got all covered with mud.  Some of my cards fell too in the wind, but they were ok because I had the clear plastic jackets on them.

This was my table.  Cool rack huh?  We found that at the local Peddler's Mall for only $5.00!!  I was so excited!!  We brought it home and Ricky put these little boards on there and wire them down so I could put my cards on it.  He had to tie little strings across it so the wind would not catch the cards and blow them away.

This was Betty's table.  Look at all the coasters that she did.  They turned out really great!!  Lot's of great stuff, huh?!

We did get some pointers from another lady who was at the festival.  She and her family were so nice.  They kept coming back with more to say and some really great suggestions.  Not to mention that their booth was polka dotted (I loved it!!!).

Then last weekend Dixie decided to give us a scare.  She went out potty in the middle of the night and when she came back in she was not herself.  She kept scratching at her ears and shaking her head.  We stayed up with her and then finally about 3:30 in the morning we ended up calling the vet and going on a midnight run to Lexington.  They don't know if it is allergies or if a spider bit her ~ but her eyes and muzzle started to swell up.  They gave her a shot and she's on benadryl for a few days.  Knock on wood she seems better.  I had plans on Sunday posting here - but the lack of sleep caught up with me.  I'm no spring chicken, remember...

This is a few days old.  She's actually grown so much in the 2 weeks that we've had her.  She went from 4 pounds to 9.8 in 2 weeks.  So much for the little dog I wanted.  But I will cherish her anyway.

I am going to be working in the craft room today to get things completely put away and actually move a few things.  I do have a couple of things that I can post that I've not posted yet.  But I promise that tomorrow you will have something craft related and none of my blah blah blah...

Thanks again!  Have a great day!


Carmen O. said...

Joani, Thanks so much for posting how you set up your tables. I'm hoping to do a craft show or two before the end of the year. I was rejected for a juried show in Detroit, but still want to do a elementary school and maybe a larger one in Ida, MI. Hope Dixie is feeling better by now. Take Care!

Tina said...

Oh the teables look just fab .. and that adorable puppy I need a cuddle

Munkeezmama said...

I'm glad to see Dixie doing better. I look forward to your blah blah blah, lol.