Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, May 24, 2010

How about a little manly cards?

How was your weekend?  Mine was busy.  We did a lot of running around yesterday and by evening I was pooped!  The weather's been hot and humid and the in and out of running around town just exhausted me.  I took a nice cool shower last night and I think that I was out as soon as I layered down.  In my younger years I was a "sun worshiper".  I loved the sun ~ I'd stay outside all day, and I have to admit I was a tanner.  I used to go to the tanning beds everyday.  But now that I am older I think that I realize how bad the sun really is for you - of course the blotches here and there are constant reminders.  And Danielle wants to go to the tanning beds and I can only tell her how bad it is for you.  But then I get the "you did it".  Well yes dear, I did.  And now I am going to pay for it.  How does the old saying go?  Don't do as I do, do as I say.  But she's going to make her own mistakes.

Ok, I'm off the soapbox again Ü

I thought that with Father's day fast approaching - it's only 28 day's away and it's time to get some cards made!!  So I want to show you a few "manly" cards that I've made.  I know that they are birthday, but you can adapt them for Father's day.  Guy cards are so hard to make - I want to reach for the pretty papers, but it's just not manly enough...
I had seen something similar to this on line and I thought that it was perfect for either a birthday or Father's Day!  Just basic colors and a basic layout ~ guy's don't want all the foo-foo that we gal's like to put on cards.  Now I know that the card is Old Olive that I layered with Basic Black and white cs.  I used one of my Friskars blue plates to emboss the white card stock.  I stamped the truck and sentiment from the Classic Pickups set on white card stock and layered them on to some scrap.  I hand cut the arrow out of a piece of Old Olive and attached it to the card with pop dots and I was complete.
This card has a little more time invested in it, but I still like how it came out.  The base card is Chocolate Chip that I layered with some Basic Black and some DP that I had purchased in a package from K&Company a long time ago.  I added a length of ribbon that I stitched with my sewing matching and adhered that panel to the card.  I stamped the car image from Classic Convertibles in Chocolate Chip ink and set it aside.  I cut out 2 nesting circles with my coluzzle, one in white and one in Basic Black.  The white one I ran thru my cuttlebug with my Friskars blue plates, sponged Chocolate Chip ink around the edges and stamped "Happy Birthday" on it before I attached them to the card.  I cut the car image out and attached it to the card with pop dots.  The sentiment "Your a classic" was stamped on a piece of scrap white paper in Chocolate Chip ink and punched out with my oval punch then layered on to a piece of Basic Black that was punched out with my wide oval punch then attached to the card with pop dots.

This one was a little more involved, but I like it.  I think it looks a little retro, don't you?

Well - that's all that I have for today, I hope that it inspires you to go and create something manly.  Have a great day and I'll see you back here tomorrow!

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love the cards! It is not easy to make a great 'manly' card and you have created two winners!

Wishing you well! :<)

Barbara Diane