Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Sorry for the delay

I'm sorry everyone for the delay in my posts, please forgive me.  Life has just been a little busy around here.  With Danielle's birthday and our dear friend visiting from the other coast, and even Betty stopping by for a crafty day.  Life just get's in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

I will get right to it...  Betty stopped by the other day and we had a play day.  Actually we got done fairly early and we just kinda talked for the afternoon.  It was nice and I miss her visits.  But this year she does not have a garden so she does not have all the canning that she had last year, so maybe I'll get to see her more often...  (keeping fingers crossed...)

I wanted to show you what we made, but I think that I will wait for that.  And I was not really happy with the turn out of my project - so I thought that I'd show you what I made after she left.  I tried to get her to make one while she was here - but time was not on our side.
I found this awesome template over at Creations by AR.  I love it!!  Isn't it the cutest??  It is called the Haute Tote template.  And yes, it was super easy to make.  There is a little bit of cutting, but I put this together in the chair in the living room in just a few minutes after dinner.  Really, it's super easy!!

I used some DP from SU - of course it's old discontinued paper called Candy Lane (I tend to use my all time favorites sparingly when they are discontinued).  The directions call for brads to hold the handles on, but I always go for eyelets,  I feel that they hold better.
There is a little pocket that you can put inside also, I'm not sure if you can see that or not.  I taped it, but the placement of the eyelets hold it in place.  See the little chain that I've got holding the "change purse" on the outside?  This is just the cutest little tote.  I can see me making lots of these for Danielle's friends for holidays.  You can fill them with candy, cookies, trinkets.  They are perfect to put little presents in ~ what an adorable display!

I hope that you hop on over and take a peek at this and the other templates they have.  I'm sure that you will find some inspiration!

Have a super great afternoon!!

2 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a great project! I love the little change purse and the inside pocket! I also love that DP and use it sparingly! :<)

Wishing you a great weekend!

Barbara Diane

Betty said...

Joani--Why didn't I go ahead and make this? too cute!

Betty