Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

SC280 For a Friend

Howdy everyone!  This post will be a quick one ~ I'm in between cleaning bathrooms right now.  Who ever thought that 3 bathrooms in a house would be good?  A man for sure who does not have to clean them Ü

Our good friend Joyce is on a plane right now from California!!  She makes the trip every year since we've moved out here.  I just love her ~ she's like my other Mother.  She'll be here for almost 6 weeks this time, yippity skippity!!  Hopefully we will get in some serious crafting time too!  Now I just have to get Betty over here....

Did I say quick post??  Sometimes my fingers ramble on and on and on....

I got a little time in yesterday to do the sketch challenge on SCS.  And it was perfect timing because I had to make a birthday card for a dear friend too!!
It was for sketch challenge 280 yesterday.  I look forward to those each week, even if I don't get around to doing them. 

The base card is Chocolate Chip that I layered with Creamy Caramel and some Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa DP.  The little girl image is Audrey from The Stamping Boutique, she's a digi image.  I colored her in with pencils and gamsol and cut her out and pop dotted her on to the card.  The sentiment is a stamp that I've had for years from SU! and the balloons are from Hero Arts.  I colored the balloons in with pencils and gamsol and then used stickles for a little "pop"...  sorry for the pun...  Then I added some rhinestones and I was complete.

I hope that you have a wonderful day today!!  See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Joani I know how excited you are to see Joyce, tell her I said HI. Have a great time crafting. Maybe someday I'll be in Ky while she is there and I can pick up Norma and we copuld have a fun crafting together day too.
Like your BD card. I like Digi stamps...easy to store. LOL

Angel Bobbie said...

Hi Joani....WOW 6 weeks !!!!! You and Joyce will have so much fun together. I still miss our times together, you taught me so much in such a short time.
Happy birthday Tinkerbell ( or is she to grown up to be call that? )

Nicola said...

I absolutely loved my card and Rose's too. They are in my craft room where I can be inspired. Thankyou so much for thinking of me.
I can't believe Tink is 18 my time flies. I hope she had an awesome day.
Enjoy your visit with Joyce. Say hi from me.

Sending big cyber hugs to you all.

Hugs
Nic

Charlotte Window Shutters said...

Thanks great blog posst