Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Howdy! and Happy Monday

What am I so cheery about?? I'm not sure ~ it's Monday. The kids had no school today so Danielle's friend stayed over last night. I'm really not sure why there is no school today, lots of the snow melted this weekend. But there is still lots who have no power, that could be the reason. We're supposed to get some more snow today, tonight or tomorrow. At least that's what the weather report says.

I thought that I'd share with you a couple of pictures of what we did this weekend.



Do you wanna see some creations too??

I made this book the other day. I am a moderator on the swap board at Paper Wings. I was asked to track the swaps on the site calendar, so I thought I thought that I'd make a book. It's kinda like the book I keep for my Cards Made by Hand group. Which BTW, if your interested in joining I'd love to have you! Just let me know, it's a message board with interaction, swaps, inspiration and friendships.

Ooops, back to the book. Anyway, of course I used my TAC paper. It's from the Mimi collection. I covered 2 pieces of the thin chipboard I have with Mod Podge and the Mimi paper. Then I added some Bitty Blossoms, I used my Marvy Mega scallop circle punch to place the flowers on, small primas, some buttons and ribbon. I took a piece of pink paper and used some American Crafts rub-on's to spell out Paper Wings. I went back to high school typing for that. Remember, you count out the letters, find the center and work (or backspace) to the left then type (or in this case rub-on).

The book is bound with my Carl Tozicle. I bought that YEARS ago. It punches the "square" holes like the BIA, but they are not centered just like the BIA. And it uses the plastic combs. I used this because I don't have any wires for my BIA except the large ones at this time. The plastic combs are fine for this.


This is the inside. I went to printfree.com and printed off the calendar pages. I know that this helps me on my CMBH site. I write it in here when I post the swaps, that helps me to know that I did or did not post something. Besides, it's an excuse to make another cute book Ü

Now, the calendar I made. I was over at Julie's Paper Pleasing Ideas and noticed her tutorials on the sidebar. A checkbook calendar, oooooh, just what I need. Last time I got a new register from the bank it had old calendars on it. What the heck???!! So, I thought ok, I'll make one!

I started with a Close to Cocoa base. I layered it with all DP from SU! The calendars are printed off from Printfree.com and layered on to a Chocolate Chip base. I added some primas, brads and buttons to each side and that was all. I did not want too much fuu-fuu on them because it would be in my purse and I'm sure that even though I hot glued the buttons and flowers on it might get a little ragged after a year in my purse.I have something else to show you, but I'll wait til tomorrow to make sure that the recipient received it in the mail.

I'm off to create something - see you tomorrow!

Hugs,

Joani

1 comment:

Angel Bobbie said...

Your pictures are lovely Joani but I still will take the AZ. desert weather. The spring flowers are starting to bloom already.
Angel Hugs...Bobbie