Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Hump Day everybody Ü

Here it is the middle of the week and the weekend's almost here. Anyone have plans for Valentine's day? I'm not sure what we will do. I told hubby to surprise me. We generally have a date night, but we haven't for months. With being busy with my SIL and her dogs, then our precious dog passing, the holidays, Mom's birthday, being lumberjacks..... The list goes on and on. So this Valentine's I am for sure doing something! To start it off I still needed to make cards! I've been thinking of making the cards to sell, making cards for friends and family ~ but I neglected to make my own family's cards!! So that's what I did yesterday.
This is my daughter's card. I looked in my stash of images that I've received and I found Ipodabella. Now I thought that this was perfect for Danielle. This so reminds me of her, without the phone of course, so that's why I did this one for her. And of course in pink!

The base card is Pink Pirouette layered with Pink Passion and Pixie Pink. The Pink Passion background was run thru the CB with the swirls folder and I sponged on some Pink Passion ink. I also layered on some DP from TAC's Catelynne collection (my most favorite of all of them!!). I colored the image in with pencils and gamsol and sponged some Pink Passion ink around that layer. I added some pink ribbon and a bow, and in the center of the bow I glued a pink heart that I found in my button stash Ü I also glued two red heart buttons at the top right of the card and some primas and a crystal brad at the lower right of the image panel. I stamped the lips from Whipper Snapper, colored it in with my Real Red marker and punched it out with my 3/4" circle punch. I layered that on to a scrap piece of DP from Catelynne punched with my 1" circle punch and layered that on to a clear flower from Making Memories.

I'm sure that she will like it - all that pink, she's got to!

Here's the card that I made for Mom. This was another RAK image that I had and thought that it was cute for Valentines. It is House Mouse Designs Chocolate Mouse. There was a time that I was addicted, I mean ADDICTED to House Mouse.

The base card is Real Red and I layered it with Chocolate Chip and some DP from Paper Salon's Smitten collection. The image was colored with my pencils and gamsol. I sponged Close to Cocoa around the edges and layered it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip and Real Red and placed it on the card with pop dots.

For the inside of the card I took a strip of the DP and a pink and brown ribbon and added that to a piece of white CS. I stamped the image from Whipper Snapper inside and colored it with my Chocolate Chip and Real Red markers.

And now for hubby's card.For Ricky's card I used some images that I stamped from Betty's Love You Much set. The base card is Real Red. I layered it with some Catelynne DP and Pink Pirouette cs. I used Real Red ink to sponge the layers. The 'love' panel I colored with markers and for the flower I used some flower sequins I've had for years with a heart brad. The center of the "O" I punched a heart out and glued it to the center and added some stickles for a pop! The heart I colored it in with pencils and outlined it with a Real Red marker, cut it out and added some Fruit Punch stickles to the petals on the flowers. The hugs and kisses panel I colored with pencils and markers and punched out with my scallop punch. I added some stickles to that also. There is a Pink Pirouette panel tucked behind the heart that was punched out with Betty's Martha Stewart punch, and I added a length of organdy ribbon.


Inside I layered with Pink Pirouette and white cs. I stamped the image and lips from Whipper Snapper in the lower right corner and colored those in with markers ~ I punched a pieces of scrap Real Red and Pink Pirouette with my scallop punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches and the hearts with my heart punch.

Not too frilly I think. But that's ok too ~ because it's Valentines and those are supposed to be mushy. I used all RAK images because they are stamps that my family's not seen. I did not want to make Valentines with images that they've already seen, it would not seem as special.

I do have something else to show you today. It's a treat - so your going to have a super long post today!! It's the least I can do for not posting yesterday.


I can not take credit for these! These are made by a friend of mine and she e-mailed me pictures of what she has been up to. As you can see, a whole lot!!!

Now how stinkin' cute are these??? I don't know which one I like best, I like them ALL!!


If you are interested in these calendars let me know and I will hook you up with my friend Keersten. She does not have a blog - I've told her that she needs to! Maybe we can all persuade her, huh?

Well you all have a super great day!! And thanks for puttin' up with my blah blah blah!!

Hugs,
Joani

2 comments:

KeeponScrappin said...

I ♥ all your cards. Very beautiful. Your family will ♥ them. I just adore the calendar. Very creative. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I can't wait to receive all the Inchies.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know more about teh calendars... thank you..