Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lookie what I made....

I have to admit that I was kinda excited about making this. Julie over at Paper Pleasing Ideas came up with this and when I first saw it I thought it would be complicated, but it really isn't!

I printed out her tutorial because I do good with written direction. So I studied it and figured I could do it. But as I'm sitting there I got a little confused. I think that the way my printer printed it out was not right, pictures were in the wrong spot where the directions for something else was. So I thought that once I was done I'd make my own direction so when I refer back to make it again I'd understand it easier. My Mom just sat there giggling at me as I was talking to myself..... trust me, it does run in the family.....

But first I'd like to show you a picture of what my dear wonderful daughter did last night. We had just finished with dinner and she decided to play with Ricky's hair. Nana's is too short, mine is too grey (shhhhh I don't want anyone to know) so that left Ricky. Now I told him I was going to post this and he said "no you won't" -- well, he don't know me too well does he???

He was making silliest face!! And as she was turning on the camera he said "I said no" and she snapped it.... but you can see he was trying to hold back the laugh.... Sorry honey, it was so silly I had to share.....

So on to my version of the directions.
You will need a 12 x 12 piece of card stock. Cut your pieces out:

2 - 5" x 8 1/2" for the front and back purse
2 - 3/4" x 11" for the handles
1 - 1 1/2" x 6" for the "latch"
2- 4 1/2" x 7 1/2" for the pockets (not shown)
You will also need:
Adhesive (Tape or Glue)
1/8" Hole Punch
Corner Rounder
Word Window Punch
Scor-Pal (or another scoring tool)
Brads
and stamps or embellishments of your choice.
Take the 5" x 8 1/2" pieces and score them at 2 1/4" along the 8 1/2" side as shown. Take the 1 1/2" x 6" piece and score that at 1" and 3 1/4"


Take your corner rounder and round the corners farthest from the score marks of the latch piece. Take your word window punch and punch about 1/4" down in the center of the cs. This will be the "back" piece of the purse.

Now you will take your adhesive and attach the front and back together.

Once you've attached the front and back together take the latch piece and apply adhesive to the 1" scored section. You will attach that to the inside front of the purse.

So far it should look like this.


You will now take the 2 pieces that measure 3/4" x 11" and score each end in 1" and apply tape to those 1" sections. Only attach the back side (the side with the word window punch) for now.


Take your 1/8" hole punch and punch the holes to attach brads to it. This will help reinforce the handles. Once you have attached the back handle now flip it over and decorate the front of your purse as you wish. Once the front is decorated you can attach the front strap and remember to punch holes in the front also to attach brads to that handle also.


Almost done, promise!!

Now you need to make the pocket for the inside. Take your 4 1/2" x 7 1/2" cardstock and score each piece at 1/2" and 1 1/2" along 3 sides. Fold each section and cut out the corners as I've shown in the picture. You will attach adhesive to the 1/2" sections on all 3 sides to attach to your box at the bottom score line and you are done!


Now you are ready to fill it with your goodies! Today I will be making cards to fill the box with. Hope you enjoyed it! And if you can please give Julie credit for this, it's awesome!!

Have a great day!
Hugs,


Joani

7 comments:

Carmen O. said...

OMG Joani this is so cool! I love your colors and design. You really outdid yourself on this one. Beautiful.

Your hubby is so easy going to let you post that photo! Give him lots of hugs and kisses for being a good sport.

Barb said...

This is darling. That pic of Ricky is too funny but gotta admit he is a good sport.

Gabby said...

Dang Joani...that's the bomb! Love what you made of it! Now I know you're the smarterest twin...lol. I would have confused myself beyond belief and I probably would have ended up with something COMPLETELY different...lol.

OMG...I was LMBO when I saw that pic of Ricky! He is such a good sport! High five to him. My youngest DD does that but to my dad...lol.

Lou Sims said...

WOW this is stunning. I have written everything down . . like you I need the instructions in front of me !!! and am going to give tis a go. Will let you know how I get on and also link back to Julie.

Lou Sims said...

Forgot to say . . . love the photo if you hubby. I showed mine and he laughed saying that he has never been so grateful for being folically challenged !!!

Anonymous said...

This is super cute and your directions are great! I love it!

Julie Temple said...

This is TOO COOL! I think it would make the perfect Bday gift for my Grandma full of cards! Thanks for th clarification of instructions..You are too good!

Rubber Hugs,
Julie