Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Good Morning

Good morning and Happy Monday! The start of a new week. Let's see how much I can get done...

I was fiddling around the other day with some things I had in drawers. My goodness, I bet if you take a look at what you have in drawers you'd be amazed. I have a little cubby area - ok, it's more of a catch all - and I have SO much stuff in there. Paint cans, clipboards, lunch boxes, tins of all kinds... the list goes on. I just have to use it that's all.

So the other day I found some clothes pins and decided to cover them and add magnets to them. I love fridge magnets - and I thought they'd be cute to do. And I used some of my Angel Company paper~Catelynne my favorite!!
Then came the binder clips. I have lots of these, and when I was working I would of loved to have some of these. I used them all the time, but this would of been an addition to my colored staples and paper clips.
So are you ready for a card or two? Here I go...
The base card is Chocolate Chip that I layered with paper from a Creating Keepsakes pad and so So Saffron. I stamped the image and colored it with watercolors. I inked the edges with some Chocolate Chip ink and added it to a Chocolate Chip panel. I layered different papers and added a length of ribbon to the card. The sentiment is stamped in Pretty in Pink on a So Saffron piece that I punched out with my scallop square punch and added it to a piece of Chocolate Chip that I punched out with my round tab punch and I was complete.

The base card is Pretty in Pink that I layered with So Saffron and DP from my Creating Keepsakes Power Pad. I stamped the image and colored it in with my watercolors. I sponged some Purely Pomegranate ink around the edges before adding it to a So Saffron and Purely Pomegranate layer. I added a length of ribbon around that layer before adding it to the card. I then stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink on a piece of So Saffron that I punched out with my scallop square punch and layered it to a piece of Pretty in Pink that I punched out with my round tab punch and I was complete.
Another thing that I've been doing lately is adding layers to the inside of the card. Why can't the inside be as pretty as the outside? So I generally use a piece of white cs and layer that to a piece of coordinating cs from the front and a scrap piece of whatever DP I use on the card. Unless it is a specific birthday card I generally keep the sentiment on the outside and let the user add their on words to the inside, it's more personal I feel.
Well enough for today? I hope to see you back tomorrow. Same place, maybe same time...

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Great cards Joani! Your binder clips and clothespins are fab!!! I like hanging things on the fridge, but it's so much better with a clip magnet. Great job.

marsha said...

Love your cards! I also like your ideas for the clips and clothespins.

Hugs,
Marsha

Nicola said...

I love your peg magnets. I am forever pinning things to the side of the fridge. Reminders for appointments and projects etc. Very cool idea.

Hugs
Nic