Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gum Holder Tutorial

As promised here are the instructions for the gum holder that I made. I am sorry for the fuzzy pictures. If you have any questions, just ask.
You will first take a piece of Basic Black cs cut to 8 1/4" x 2 1/2".
Score it at 2 1/4", 2 3/8", 5 6/8" and 5 7/8". Crease your score lines well.
Then you will take your end piece and cut it out with your word window punch. The word window punch will fit the small 5 stick Trident gum perfectly. Make your cut about 1/2" from the bottom and center it.
Apply a strong adhesive to the end and fold up and secure. Now is the time to add any decorative paper to the front. I used my scallop circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle to decorate the front of mine. I then took a Velcro dot and cut it in half to secure the holder shut. One little tip that I do with my Velcro: I cut some of the fibers off of the dot. It allows for the Velcro to shut and secure but you don't have to pull so hard to open it. I do this with all the items that I use Velcro on. We are working with paper and you don't want to have to pull so hard that it makes tears on your creation.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to see what you make ~ if you make one link it back here!

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Thanks for the tut and your velcro tip! I'm gonna have to try this. Hope your week is fabulous!