Don't miss out on these other pages!

Class Schedule

(502) 370-7632 Joani

Please call or email us to reserve your spot.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Thursday

Howdy everyone, sorry for the delay. I knew that this week would be a weird posting one. With hubby home we've been kinda on the go ~ and yesterday we went into town to a doctor for Danielle. She's fine - but this doctor was in Lexington. It was the first time that we've ventured "into" the heart of Lexington.


We are talking one way streets and traffic. Defiantly not what the have here in town! We have to go back again next week for a follow up. Everything is fine though.


Today I wanted to show you a card that I made for a friend who's birthday is coming up. Since I am in love with cupcakes I had to make this one. I hope that you like it! I used an older sketch from SCS ~ it was sketch SC225


For this card I used a few of my favorites. The base card is Chocolate Chip that I layered with Pink Pirouette and some DP from Close to My Heart. The pink polka dotted paper did not list a maker on it, sorry.

I stamped the image from My Favorite Things and colored it in with my pencils and gamsol. I then sponged some Chocolate Chip ink around the edges and layered it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip cs. Before attaching it to the front card panel I punched a couple of holes in the upper left and attached some ribbon scraps I had and the brads. The inside I used my "old faithful" birthday stamp that I've had FOREVER from D.O.T.S. in Pink Passion ink. I seem to use that on most of my birthday cards, I just love that stamp~as you can see *Ü*


I hope that she likes it!


That's all I've got for now. I hope to get into my craft room soon and create something.


Have a super duper day!

3 comments:

Alley said...

What a great card using the sketch

Susie Sugar said...

What a beautiful creations, l love the images and colours you have used are simply stunning so is the detail
Hugs Susie xx

Carmen O. said...

This card is just too cute Joani! I really like the colors, the image and the cute ribbon tabs. Great job!!